I have a love hate relationship with this time of the year. I love getting ready for Christmas, preparing for our yearly Christmas tree hunt, playing my christmas music and decorating the house. I hate this time of year because the semester is winding down and I'm trying to get my last assignments finished. I have one paper left and it is causing me excruciating pain trying to finish it. I have to create incentives for myself to get even the slightest bit done. I'm close, have to just edit but frankly my paper sucks. I've never written a good paper and honestly I didn't go into nursing to write papers but alas I must in order to get my degree.
On a brighter note I've taken today off work to spend the evening with Jeff.I've been working evenings at the hospital the last three evenings and it leaves no time for us to spend together. Plus I just couldn't bring myself to pick up a shift tonight. The last ones were CRAZY. Its so frustrating to know what kind of care you want to provide to patients but you know that it is just physically impossible. I would have to clone myself three times in order to do so. Despite the insanely fast pace and the frustrations that come along I do enjoy my job and the people I work with. I get to work with some amazing nurses and until you've been a nurse you have no idea what they do and how hard they work. I love being a nurse!
2 comments:
Beth!
Thanx for stopping by. You have a blog too! What fun:)
I feel the same way about this time of year. But mine's a bit more sweet than it is bitter b/c this is my last semester of classes EVER...in my LIFE. I have 8 months of placements, but after Dec. 14, I will have no more final exams. I'll be finito (not to rub it in:)
Good luck with you final papers etc!
J :)
Bethany,
Hey, it's been a really long time, since we talked to you last. From reading your blog, it sounds like you and Jeff are doing great, happy to hear that. You probably haven't heard, but Louise and I are in Switzerland for a year, we have already been hear 6 months and life is good. Well, have a very merry christmas.
Brian and Louise Boldt
Post a Comment