Lately I've been thinking a lot about the food my family eats, why and where it comes from. Why do I rely on my grocery store so much and what can I do about it.
Do I love junk food, convenience food, and everything processed... most of the time. But I do try to avoid it. I know I can do better but what. I need to change small things and eventually it will turn to big things.
As a working mom who is pregnant and has a toddler, good food can be hard to come by but with a little meal planning (thank you taste of home website), getting a few days of groceries (planning helps to avoid those convenience foods) and trying to enjoy to make good food all help out. I've been doing better lately.
Today I made my first loaves of homemade bread. Yum. Why haven't I done this sooner? Will it sit on my counter for 2 weeks and not spoil. No! But then again what IS in that store bought bread? My honey whole wheat bread with flax tastes too good and wouldn't last that long anyway especially with my strawberry freezer jam made with local strawberries. next on the list, weed my strawberry plants so that those strawberries for this years jam will be very local and trim my apple tree, it does make the best pie fillling in town.
Hopefully my Betty Homemaker spirit keeps up!
Resolution, do not buy bread for the next 6 months.
On the table tonight, sticky glazed chicken and cucumber salad....
No comments:
Post a Comment