Hey all,
Though I should actually update you all with the happenings of our lives! It has been a while. So I am finally in the ICU and loving it. Each day is a new adventure and I have learnt so much. Who would have thought that after 8 shifts in the ICU I would know so much about medications, cardiac rhythms, trachs, ventilators, CPR, doctor- nurse relationships and have met so many cool people. I origionally thought I would hate doing 12 hour shifts and at first the learning curve was so huge that by hr10 my brain was about to explode and at 3 pm I was so tired (that's usually when I go home and take a nap when I work 8 hours). But now I'm coming around and really enjoy it. Usually you only work 3 days a week then have a few off and it's nice. But my preceptor picked up a few so I've worked 10 shifts in 2 weeks. That comes to about 60 hours of work a week, which is tons period but then put high stress into the mix and it's a little too much. I guess I could handle it if i was getting paid for this but I'm paying to work insane hours. How does that work??!! Anyways I really do love it and could see myself in this area in the future.
Needless to say my house remains a mess as I'm never home ( I might as well live at the hospital) and Jeff is busy getting ready for job interviews. But in 3 more days I start reading week. Jeff and I will be gone for part of it but the rest will involve me doing homework, cleaning, baking, doing more homework and figuring out how to become a nurse in BC, job interviews and also working shifts for my real job that I get paid for!! It will be busy but I'm thankful for the bit of time I will have to accomplish things!
Jeff and I finally got to have a date night and saw Blood Diamond. Wow, what an eye opener. I kind of feel guilty for wearing my wedding rings! good show, go see it!
1 comment:
Glad to see you are still around! Best of luck in all your future decisions and changes.
Post a Comment