I've been noticing how many people are talking about thier wifely duties and how busy it gets. Yes, this is true...if you actually do the cooking and the cleaning and the laundry. I have come to realize that I'm a bad wife. Full time school work and cleaning do not go together. Since we have moved in our house (almost 2 years ago) I have neglected many household chores. My mother would be ashamed of me as I do not spend my entire saturday cleaning bathrooms, dusting, washing floors, doing the dishes, vacuuming or doing the laundry as she taught me to do. I invite company over so I actually clean my bathrooms. Mostly I'm so exhausted from going to class, doing daily assignments and writing papers that any little bit of time that I have left in the day are devoted to curling up on the couch with Jeff to relax.
Honestly, i haven't bought groceries in about two weeks and have been surviving off a few odds and ends that I froze over the summer! I know, I'm a pathetic wife but I suppose that's all I can be for now. 4 more days of class and then 10 weeks of clinical till I graduate!!
4 comments:
YOU ARE NOT A BAD WIFE!!!!!! It's only for a time and you are prioritizing (something we have been taught to do:)I love you and I'm sure your hubby isn't complaining that ayou'd rather snuggle on hte couch than wash the floor. You are great and are doing great!!!!!
Love ya
Naphtali
Cleaning is a highly over rated activity, as your Mom I could have spent a little less time on that and a bit more on playing with my children. And you are definitely not a bad wife (which I am sure your husband tells you)!!!
Love you
Mom
Hey I am the same way and I am only juggling one job, and no school.
-Becky
Beth,
I definitely know how you feel! When I was in college last year it was the same for me. This year I'm getting better but not even close to how I would like to be!
Beth I truly hope that we get the chance to hang out when we come home to Canada! It would be a lot of fun to hang out with you and Jeff. We'll try to make that happen,
Louise
Post a Comment