February 29, 2012

A Few Thoughts

I had just a few things in my head that I wanted to share with you all. Some cute, some profound ( I think) and some just random. Enjoy!
  • Jil had been calling me Mama the last few months but recently has morphed into Mom-Mee-A. I'm not sure why but it is cute. Jeff has not enjoyed Dad-Dee-A and has been reenforcing Dad.

  • Do your children have imaginary friends. Jil does! Actually she talks regularily to her big sister, also named Jil. She is 5 years old. Sometimes this creeps us out a little but I'm sure it's just a phase. Oh and yesterday she was telling Jil to not say "Shut Up" repeatedly. She knows that they only appropriate time to say shut up is when you are telling someone not to say shut up. I guess she has found the loop hole into using words we don't approve up.

  • She has gotten so mischevious lately, in the past few days she's carried Matthias at least 3 times without me knowing, tryied to paint his nails purple, tried to feed him her food, tried to nurse him (yes, she tried!) and has climbed into his crib with him once. Terrible twos, I don't think so, watch out for three!

  • My sweet Matthias slept 81/2 hours last night! Can I hear a whoot whoot?! Now I just need to train my internal clock to not wake up at 3am and allow my milk makers to adjust to the (hopefully) new schedule (ouch!). Although I did enjoy our 5am feed. He loves touching and grabbing my hands and fingers. He has the best smile and I'm enjoy his still toothless grin. For as momentous as the first tooth is it changes their whole face and I do love a beautiful gummy grin!

  • Why does parenting seem to come with a truckload of guilt? Often I feel torn and very guilty from my parenting decisions. Did I discipline to harshly? Did I let Jil get away with too much? Do we let Matthias cry it out at night? Am I spoiling him by getting him too quickly? Constant back and forth.  I pray each day for wisedom in how I parent and am continually trying to show grace and be non-judgemental in how others parent their children. Comparing my children with other children is a dangerous game, one that too many like to play.

  • Jil is such an energetic and emotional girl (aren't we all!) She can be so excited and then be a devistated wreck in a matter of moments. Lately when she gets excited she claps her hands 4 times. Yes, always 4 times.... super cute! She is also becoming quite a little planner. "Mom-mee-a, after lunch, we'll go watch a show, OK? That sounds like a good plan!"  I love my kidlets!

No comments: