To my sweet Matthias,
You have been a beautiful, miraculous blessing from day one. We prayed for you and others prayed that you would come into our lives. We were so thankful that God blessed us with you.
Your birth was an orchestrated blessing from God as well. I couldn't have planned it better myself! You were 8 days late, 8 long days. But when you decided to show up, you wasted no time in arriving. We were in the hospital for a full 50minutes before you were born and for a total of 9 hours before we decided to head home. Our doctor has awarded us the best maternity/newborn patients he's ever had!!
 |
| Minutes old. Love the spit bubble! |
You have been a joy to parent the last 12 months. You still don't quite sleep through the nights but your sweet looks, tight hugs, sparkling eyes, adorable giggles, inquisitive nature and determined attitude make all the trials seem so trivial. We are so blessed and I can't wait to see more of your personality emerge as time goes on. I love you!
.JPG)
.JPG) |
My little monkey, 10 days old.
You have grown so much this year. You are an awesome "tarzan" crawler, want to walk about half of the time, say "Dad, mom, cat, ball, more and that (I think)", you're willing to shovel in almost everything that is in your hands even including sand and dirt, you love the cat and you try to pat it gently, you get so excited when we chase you, so annoyed when we don't let you touch something you shouldn't and angry when we don't share our ice cream with you. You have the most charming grin, determined attitude and tightest hugs of any one year old I know. The past few days I have cherished our moments before bed when you get sleepy in my arms and I'm desparately trying to memorize your beautiful little face, linger in the moments when you still fit nicely in my arms. You have grown too fast and I'm ready to cry thinking that you aren't really my baby anymore. Thank you for the past year of amazing smiles, joyful giggles, sleepless nights, wobbly first steps, playing in the dirt, sand, grass and gravel, for being adventurous and yet timid at the same time. We have been so blessed for having you a part of our lives. |
No comments:
Post a Comment