October 26, 2012

The BIG Apple!


 
I have been to New York and back and still don't know why they call it the Big Apple. I guess I should have asked but now I will have to go google it!
Here are a few pictures of the highlights!

We made it! First evening in NYC.

Times Square, only a few minutes from our hotel.

Ahhh! We are so excited!

This was for Jil. She sort of has a thing for Cookie Monster right now.

We saw Kelly and Michael!

Kelly singing Karokee.

Michael doing some Billie Jean

A view of Manhattan from the Staten Islad Ferry.

Brooklyn Bridge.

Janessa looking at the Statue of Liberty.

Lady Liberty herself.
Beautiful buildings.

A 9/11 memorial mural.

Wall Street.

So many pegions. Always made me laugh becuase they reminded me of Bolt.

Some of NYC firefighters. This one was for Zander.

The London Bar

High tea. Mmmm

The best sandwiches, scones and pastires EVER!

The four of us enjoying our afternoon.

I'll give a dozen homemade cookies to anyone that can identify the child star in the background. Our server told us he has served many stars and royalty and told us he'd tip us off if he saw anyone. He was sure this guy was an actor but none of us know who he is. We eavesdropped a lot and it was definate movie/tv talk. Very schmoozy too.
Museum of Natural History (not at all like the movie, so disappointed).

Not a T-Rex (aka Rexie) but it would have to do for Jil.

Oh my sisters!

Grand Central Station, a 2 minute walk from our hotel. We loved taking the subway.

After Wicked. We didn't get a picture of us all dressed up.

Bike tour of Central Park. The park is beautiful, our tour guide was weird.

We did a lot of waiting. The last time I was on a bike was 7 years ago and ended with my face scraping the pavement, this time my bike just didn't want to work. Luckily a nice New Yorker hleped out!


Janessa so cute!

A few fall colours.

My beautiful mom!



The mural in Strawberry Fields.

Loved this guy, him and his buddies were singing Let it Be while we were going by.

Our last morning in NYC.

No comments: