Hello, my name is Bethany and I'm a super non-committed blogger. OK, I got that confession off my chest for anyone who may have thought otherwise.
Seriously, has it been 9 months since I last blogged... pathetic, but I hope to renew my blogging and be a little more present in the future.
So where do I start after a 9 month sabbatical? After New York I re-entered the work force as a Home Care RN. I didn't know how I would adjust to a new area of nursing and even though I miss a little bit of an adrenaline rush from time to time from the ER I truly love it! I get to really take time to know and help the patients I come in contact with. I'm also so thankful for a flexible schedule from Jeff so that we don't have to send our children to daycare.
Oh right, children. After beginning work I began to notice my New York pants where a little tight. Weird, right, since I am the only person in the world who has trouble putting on weight and have to consume large amounts of calories just to maintain my weight. (This truly is a medical concern and not a gift as many of you might think. It is equally hard to gain weight in a healthy manner as it is to lose weight in a healthy manner). I hadn't had a period since before I got pregnant with Matthias but I don't get one while breast feeding and I had just weaned Matthias so that didn't trigger any thoughts either. I didn't think much of it and then I just got so tired and gross feeling. I must be coming down with something. Well, after about 3 weeks of Jeff telling me I was pregnant and me denying it I took a pregnancy test. Sure shooting that little plus sign popped up! After a bit of figuring and thinking I realized, I got pregnant before NewYork and I'm at least 8 weeks pregnant! How doesn't figure it out until 8 weeks!? Well, me of course!
So after that little surprise we have been working our tails off! New room from Jil downstairs and thanks to Jeff's handywork that all was finished with weeks to spare. I decided that on top of working casually I would paint all the kids' rooms, nursery, tackle pinterest projects for all 3 rooms, paint a spare room, dejunk, increase the size of my garden and tear off our crumbling front steps and side walk. We always go crazy before a baby is born! On top of it all 5 weeks ago Matthias fractured his tibia in a freak accident going down a slide, then 2 weeks ago had severe tonsilitis that obstructed his airway and 5 days ago I gave birth to a beautiful boy, our second son! So that is 9 months in a nutshell but I'll save some good stories and details for later. For now, here's a few pictures prebaby!
No comments:
Post a Comment