With a bit of help from my awesome husband and a bit of neglected laundry I'd say it is 90% there.
On pinterest I found a couple bird related decor ideas and because we did not find out the baby's gender I thought a bird nursery in aqua with teal, green and orange accents would be fairly neutral. The pictures do not do the aqua paint any justice.
Bird mobile over crib. This beauty was a little time consuming but tons of fun to make.
Old window, elmers glue and white paint= crackle paint finish. Yarn wrapped a cardboard letter, stiched it to some fabric I love and staple gunned (is that a word!?) to the back of the window. I wanted it above the crib but hubby had visions of it falling off the wall and injuring our child. Although he hangs all my pctures and this heavy old window is not moving as he used a old trick he learned from days when he worked in a hotel furniture manufacturing plant. Anyways, had to settle with it above the change table.
Lastly a birdhouse with touch light inside for middle of the night nursing sessions. Jeff made this for me with an old pallet after i found one on pinterest that cost over 100 euros! some bird silhouettes and cute bird hooks i found in a local store helped finish off the wall! I still would love a better coordinating crib sheet and change pad cover and maybe some srt of drapes/curtains but we will see!





No comments:
Post a Comment