I think I may dare to say it... I think we've adjusted. It has only taken two months but
I think we are all used to our new routine, our new normal.
Don't get me wrong, there are many bumps along the way, At any given time 2 of my 3 children are crying, usually the babe and my crazy almost 2 year old!
I am severely outnumbered and that has been the source of a lot of whining at first. Now it has been giving the children opportunities to help and care for one another in new ways. Yesterday Jil said she would snuggle with Matthias before naptime while I nursed Jeremiah and Matthias is wiping up spills and bringing dishes to the dishwasher.
I think my hormones have finally balanced out again (or as much as any girls hormones can). Little mishaps or behavioral issues don't make me want to scream or break stuff anymore. My patience is returning!
I can usually count on Jeremiah to sleep one 4 hour stretch at night, giving me the chance to feel like I can use a little bit of time before bed to get the house in order, do chores, read or work on a project. It is great to not feel like you have to rush off to sleep not knowing if you'll get to sleep at all!
I have been so thankful for my easygoing baby! What we know about Jer so far: he is a finicky nurser resulting in a gassy baby (you should hear some of his man sized farts!), he is a good sleeper, he hates a dirty diaper, hates his baths, loves being around people, will flash his gorgeous smile with a little bit of work on your part and even though he has gained 6 lbs since births he still fits so perfectly on my chest. He has been a blessing to us all.
And in true Beer baby fashion, dad can get him to smile much more easily than I can. You'd think that he'd give those beautiful grins mostly to me, after all I did carry him for 9 months, endure 24 hours of labour, birthed him, sacrifice sleep and sanity for him but nope, dad gets most of the smiles!
No comments:
Post a Comment