August 31, 2006
School is fun...and by fun I mean not fun.
So I just found out my clinical placement for the fall and guess what I'm on 4B the cardiac unit that I work on!! Really this is a pretty awesome thing because I know all the staff and the routine but I don't think it would give me a very well rounded education that I've been hoping for. Really the U of L hasn't given me the education I've been hoping for at all. Why am I paying thousands of dollar to do problem based learning which really means " you pay us lots of money so that you can teach yourselves everything that you need to know." What a rip off. I'm just dumb and should have whined and said I can't do medical because I work there! I just don't like to be a whiner but look at me now. I have to blog my frustration to the world. All I have to keep telling myself is that it will work out and I'll be a great nurse. I'm just worried that I'll end up working in the hospital for my entire life and not even know about all the other opportunities that are out there for nurses to do becuase I've always worked on a medical floor. then again maybe it is my calling in life to be a cardiac nurse and save the lives of the critically ill. I don't know... I wish I knew what I'm supposed to do with this nursing degree! If someone would like to tell me what area of nursing I'm meant to be in it would be greatly appreciated! My dream would be to be a school nurse but I don't think there is such a thing anymore, or I'd like to maybe teach nursing to others one day. The problem is there is just too many options. I will just have to pray that God leads me in the right direction and that he will use me wherever I end up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Bethy,
When the going gets tough--the tough get going. It will all work out on the medical floor!!!! You'll be a GREAT nurse!!
Auntie Emily
Post a Comment