April 02, 2007


Well, I'm officially done my clinical rotation in the ICU but will have to wait till May 1st to be a grad nurse. But in the meantime I can enjoy my grad photos! Yes it is a little stereotypical but I love it. I wish we still had caps and the whole bit to tell the world where I graduated from! Nowadays everyone looks the same in their scrubs from nurses to surgeons to housekeeping to unit clerks. Caps identified nurses and I sort of wish I actually had one! Still no word on what I'm doing with my life but I'll be working a little bit here. I was on 4C today and boy do I miss ICU. Medical floors are crazy and I never feel like I was a great nurse at the end of the day. A little disheartening. But at least right now I can still learn, have lots of experienced RN's around me and hopefully this will be a little more time to prepare me before I'm in charge of a full patient assignment. Jeff has been wonderful lately. Now that he's unemployed for a bit he's been cooking, cleaning, buying groceries, etc. I tease him about being a stay at home dad!! But he really would be good at it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany, Congratulations! That is so exciting to be done. I can only imagine what a fabulous nurse you are! You've worked so hard and should be very proud of yourself. What is Jeff planning on doing? (since you said unemployed for a bit) Is he in between jobs right now?
Well, hopefully we can see each other soon...it's be a LONG time.
p.s. I like your picture and the little hat, too ;)

Kathlyn D said...

beautiful picture, bethy.

Anonymous said...

Yes, congratulations! You look so beautiful in the picture. It's so classic.
Hope things are figured out in your lives soon!
much love...

Carmen