November 10, 2007

Jeff and I are back from an incredible few days at the Banff Springs Hotel. Each year the Canadian Baptist Pastors of Western Canada meet for a conference to learn and also to relax. The biggest perk is that the spouses get to go!!


First of all I must say that the Banff Springs Hotel is incredible...and huge... and overwhelming. We first drove up to it and I instantly know I would love this place and get lost numorous times inside of it.


They treat you like royalty here and I even hear that there are secret passageways and corridors in this scottish castle inspired building that they take special guests like the queen down, very intreging. Next year I guess we'll try take the tour.

We spent many hours walking around Banff and enjoying all that it had to offer. We learnt a lot about our God, how we do "church" and where we are going. I also learnt much about myself, my stuggle as a wife of a pastor (even though it has only been a few months) and what ministry means for me, not my husband. I feel reenergized and refreshed. I guess that's what spending time with your husband does combined with amazing food, conversation and scenery.


No comments: