February 09, 2012

Valentine's Day

Jeff and I have never really been ones to celebrate Valentine's Day. We believe that we should make the other feel special and loved each and everyday through the year. Plus we don't want to buy into (literally) the idea that we need to spend tons of money on one another to show that we really do love each other. But lately I've been thinking about wanting to do thoughtful, special things for not only each other but also for our children. We do love them a lot too!

Enter Pintrest. Thanks Kayla, you got me hooked but my resolution is to not just pin but to DO the things I am pinning. I did a few felt ornaments for Christmas, a recipe or two and now, chocolate sugar cookies with marbled royal icing.

The originals did NOT look this lovely. I didn't realize how quickly royal icing hardened (rookie mistake) and they got all lumpy and gloppy looking. But with a few tweaks of my methods I came up with these beauties. Not only do i think they look great but they tasted pretty good too. Although I still think my regular sugar cookies taste better so this week I made a batch of those too!

I also found some cute, handmade ideas especially for my honey from the addictive pintrest and I'm still working away on those. But although I'm still not a big Valentine's Day fan, I want to be more intentional in show others I'm thinking about them and care for them.

Here's to a thoughtful and fun day of love!!

Cheers!

No comments: