I love fall. The crisp air, harvesting the garden, pumpkin muffins and pie, hot apple cider and warm, rich colours.
I love making some sort of door hanging with each new season and was looking to make a felt flower wreath. Here's what I came up with.
I wish I had a better camera because these photos don't quite do it justice. The yellow is more of a mustard and the red is deeper than it looks. The best part: I spent $1 on this baby! Oh my dutch side rejoices!
I used a wreath I had in the cupboard and wrapped it with burlap i had from a project from last year. I then went through my felt in my craft cupboard and found a tan, mustard and burgandy and started cutting strips of fabric, rolling them and using my hot glue gun to keep them in place. I didn't have enough burgandy so i did go to the dollar store and bought 2 more pieces of felt.
Then I was ready to display if for the world!
Yup that's when I got bummed out. Boring, blah, ewww. My door needed some serious help. After looking through Home Depot I came across a $3 can of oops paint and knew that it was meant for my door.
Luckily one morning the kids were playing so nice I got to work and by the next day my door was transformed!
I think it is quite an improvement and for $3 I can change it next year if I want too!





1 comment:
So fun! I also LOVE your red door!
Post a Comment