October 06, 2013

Matthi-o-saurus

Matthias has been obsessed with dinosaurs lately so I figured it was only natural to have a dinosaur themed party!

My amazing sister-in-law from Abeer designs made these awesome invites for us to hand out to Matthias' little friends.


 
Remember this little chair, it's fun to see how he's grown in one year. I love it next to our garden pumpkins!
 
I made sure to have some dinos around to play with, a fun dinosaur book to read and then we went out to hunt for and crack open dinosaur eggs!


 
I had to hide them in fairly obvious places because these 2 and 3 year olds are not very good seekers yet. Jil found most of them anyways but then the real fun/ scary part began. Cracking them open with Jeff's "small" hammer! They loved it and no real injuries where acquired!




 
An out came some baby dinosaurs! We had a bit of lunch and free play and before we knew it the party was over. Thanks for all the fun guys!
 
Dinosaur Egg Recipe:
 
1 C used coffee grounds
1C sand
1/2 C salt
1C flour
 
Mix all together and add about 1-1/2 C water until you can mold the mixture around your little plastic dinosaurs. Put on parchment paper and in the oven at 175 degrees for about 20min or until hardened. Let cool. Hide. Have fun opening.

No comments: